Meetings every other Sunday at 3:00 pm to study the works of Sri Aurobindo or The Mother. We listen to Mother's music, discuss the reading, and end with a meditation. We also have a small library of Sri Aurobindo and Mother's books.
45990 Tissiack Place
Fremont Ca 94531
776 Malarin Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050
We meet regularly three times a week. On Monday evenings at 6:30 pm, the gathering is in Santa Clara where we are reading Sri Aurobindo's "The Synthesis of Yoga." During and after the reading sessions, we are open to questions and discussion. On Wednesday evenings at 8:00 pm we meet in Santa Clara to read Sri Aurobindo's Savitri. (We do not have discussions on this evening). Sessions are usually preceded by meditation with Mother's organ music or with Sunil-da's music and concluded with a brief meditation. On Sunday evenings we meet in Fremont where we read the Mother's "Questions and Answers." The study groups are followed by a dinner of bread and "dal".
We also meet on Sunday mornings for group basketball from 8:00-10:00am. Every third Saturday we carpool to the Lodi Ashram for the monthly Collective Yoga retreat. Every fourth Saturday we try to have a hike in one of the many trails around the Bay Area. On Darshan days we gather for meditation at 6:00 am. Visiting members from Sri Aurobindo centers are welcome to stay at our homes. One project we are working on is the "Money Power Project" to build a fund for Mother's work.
Ariel Browne Phone: 770-662-6881 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For devotees and those who are interested in Integral yoga: we meditate, share readings from the writings, listen to Mother's music and have discussion. Everyone is welcome. We also hold Darshan Gatherings, and there are ongoing workshops, support groups, research seminars in cellular evolution, classes and open house meetings sponsored by Aur-ientation Integral Healing Center.
4324 Hammersmith Ln.
Glenview, IL 60025
Ramesh & Jayshri Pandya
Lakshman & Hansa Sehgal
We meet on the first Sunday of the month from 3:00pm to 5:00pm and discuss the chapter that everyone has read in preparation from the book, Essays on the Gita. We also meet on the closest Sunday to the Darshan days from 3:00pm to 9:00pm, when we gather for a reading, meditation, devotional music and potluck prasad dinner. We rotate and meet at different residences, so please call to confirm address.
108 Kilmarnock St.
Boston, MA 02215
- Mary "Angel" Finn, (617) 262-6390
- Founded 40 years ago by the late Eugene "Mickey" Finn as an informal group reading Savitri and meditating. Mickey's wife, Mary "Angel" Finn has kept the Center going at her residence with the help of faithful devotees. We offer Darshan services, weekly Wednesday night meditations, explanation of the Yoga of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother and special organized functions.
- We are a study group meeting once a week in one of the participant's residence. Though we do not read exclusively the works of Sri Aurobindo, we are studying the Essays on the Gita.
We meet on Sundays from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Ayurvedic Institute (Albuquerque). The programs will include devotional music, meditation, reading from Sri Aurobindo & The Mother.
- D.P. Soni, email@example.com
124 W. 60th St.
New York, NY 10023
- Miriam Belov, (212) 956-5683
- At present we hold gatherings on Darshan days.
- Charles Elerick
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We meet weekly during the academic year on Mondays at 7:30 pm. We start with a reading from the Gita or an Upanishad, discussing it in the light of the Integral Yoga, and proceed to a reading from the work of Sri Aurobindo or the Mother. We end each meeting with a meditation. The study group plans to start a general interest, introductory study session series for those in the community who may wish to learn about the Integral Yoga, and is in contact with members of the Indian and Yoga groups in El Paso who may become involved in this broader effort. Suggestions are invited regarding materials and readings that are especially appropriate for those who are starting to explore the Yoga.
- Ph. 281-992-0045
- Cyril Frevlov
- Ph. 832-721-2079
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Sri Aurobindo Study Circle of Houston was started in August 1991. Since then the study circle has been engaged in the activities of study and contemplation of the works of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo, and participated in various activities. Current activities include group meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays for reading and discussion from the works of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother with brief meditation in the beginning and at the end. Retreats with a larger group from Houston and neighboring areas are held at someone's residence or at a picnic place, where a theme in Integral Yoga is picked up by the participants, and relevant excerpts from the writings of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo are read and discussed with a potluck dinner at the end. Special meetings are also held on Darshan Days, and whenever visitors come from within USA or from abroad. A small collection of the writings of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo are available. Please let us know if someone visiting Houston from within USA or from abroad; we will be happy to host them.
2625 Timberhaven Drive
Flowermound, TX 75028
- Sangeet Aurovatsa or Kunjal Patel, (972) 874 9927
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started in 1995. Meet periodically for group meditation, reading from the works of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, and occasional viewing of videos produced from the Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
4615 Phinney North, #8
Seattle, WA 98103
Gennie Barnett 206-784-0622
Karen Litfin 206-524-4440
The group was founded in July of 1996 for the purpose of studying the works of Sri Aurobindo and Mother, encouraging members in their sadhana, and meeting regularly for meditation. Study groups are held every Tuesday evening in Seattle. In addition, there are monthly meetings for special studies, the observance of Darshan days, and weekend retreats in the spring and fall. Inquiries are welcome.
- David Mitchell
- Meetings every Sunday at 7:30pm. Meditations daily at 6:00am.
[Home] [Index][E-mail] [Site News] [Search Site]
Last modified on 22 January 2003