RULES FOR MEDITATION AT MATRIMANDIR IN AUROVILLE
1. Visitors who have not visited Matrimandir before and want to sit for meditation in Matrimandir, have to go in our tour starting at 2.00pm (1st. trip), visit Information Centre, then go for a general visit of Matrimandir between 4 to 4.30pm. They will be helped to get a separate pass for entry inside the Matrimandir for visit upto the door of the meditation chamber. After coming out of Matrimandir, the entry pass has to be surrendered at the Matrimandir counter between 4:45pm and 5:15pm with a request for a free meditation pass, on receipt of which may go in again to sit for meditation between 5.00pm. to 6.00pm.and return here by 7.00pm. Please note that issuance of meditation pass is entirely at the discretion of the Matrimandir Authority.
2. The fare is Rs.100/- per head as transport charges only as they will go in our 1st. trip and return in the 2nd trip, with a minimum of four persons.
3. For those who have visited Information Centre before and want to sit for meditation may go in our 2nd trip starting at 3pm and return by 7pm. provided that the number of visitors are atleast four. The fare is Rs.50/-per head and they will not be taken to the Information Centre in Auroville at all. Please note that issuance of meditation pass is entirely at the discretion of the Matrimandir Authority. A separate taxi will cost Rs.330/- , if available and can accomodate upto five persons.
4. Visitors who have already visited Matrimandir before and have a meditation pass with them and want to go for meditation in Matrimandir, may also join the 2nd trip starting at 3pm and return by 7pm. provided that the number of visitors are atleast four, @ Rs.50/- per head.
5. Visitors must not talk or disturb the silence inside the Matrimandir campus; otherwise they will not be given a pass for meditation. Children below 10 years will not be allowed to sit for meditation and visitors who are slow in walking may find it difficult to cover the distance of about 1 Km twice in 2 hours. Visitors going in this tour should not bring any bag, camera or ladies hand purse bigger than 4"x3" to be kept here as we close this office at 5:30pm and these are not allowed inside Matrimandir and therefore will not be allowed in our transport. 6. There will be no refund for cancellation if the number of persons left for the trip is below three; otherwise if done before the trip leaves, 50% of the fare will be refunded but there will be no refund once the trip leaves.
[Home] [Index] [E-mail] [Site News] [Search Site]
Last modified on 9 Feb 2002